Calla Slimspa helps people like you lose and maintain their weight!
At Calla Slimspa, our mission is to provide comprehensive care for those who desire help controlling their weight through medical weight loss. By integrating FDA-approved medications with a healthy diet and a moderate amount of exercise, our weight loss program allows you to meet your target weight as quickly and safely as possible. We aim to improve your overall health and reduce the risk of hypertension, diabetes, cardiovascular disease and other illnesses associated with obesity. During all phases of our medical weight loss program a doctor is always available in the office to consult with patients. Our doctors are medically certified and both Dr. Scarcella and Dr. Gil have even used the Slimspa weight loss program to get rid of their extra weight.
When you’re on Calla Slimspa’s weight loss and weight management program there’s no need to buy pre-packaged foods, frozen foods or shakes! On our plan you eat real food that is available anywhere and anytime. And for those times when you’re on the go, we have some quick and convenient options for you to choose from as well. We incorporate lean proteins, low glycemic carbohydrates and healthy fats throughout every phase of the program. This is why Calla Slimspa’s weight loss program is so successful – high protein diets or low fat diets may work initially but in the long run it is not feasible nor healthy to eliminate a major food group from your diet permanently.
Weight loss is approximately 80% about the quantity, quality and timing of the foods you eat. Exercise is the other 20%. There are so many benefits to doing regular exercise for both your weight and your health. At Calla Slimspa, we encourage those who can to follow a basic exercise regimen as often as possible. During the acute weight loss phase, however, the major portion of the weight loss is related to how you are eating. We have patients that range from extremely sedentary to athletes who want to improve their endurance and performance. Our program is modified accordingly no matter what your exercise capacity is.
The Calla Slimspa Medical Weight Loss Program is divided into 3 phases to assure you can lose the weight and keep it off!
Phase 1: Acute Weight Loss
Phase 2: Transition
Phase 3: Maintenance
Weight Loss: our typical patient loses an average of 42 pounds in 12 weeks!
Cholesterol: depending on family history, we can see from moderate to dramatic improvements in total cholesterol.
Triglycerides: dramatic improvements are seen in this lipid level – most patients go from as high as 300 or 400 to the low 70s or 80s!
Blood Sugar: this is the perfect program for type 2 or adult onset diabetic patients – blood sugars tend to normalize approximately 6 to 8 weeks into the program and oral medications for diabetes such as metformin are discontinued in many cases.
Blood Pressure: many of our patients are able to decrease or discontinue their blood pressure medication as their weight loss progresses.